The United Families & Friends Campaign is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. You should however acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot completely guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
What are cookies, and how we use them? – Please click here >
Links to other websites
The United Families & Friends Campaign website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If for any reason the button is not visible please include a statement of this in the form, or by emailing us direct
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing from our e-updates or writing to/emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Families & Friends Campaign will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The United Families & Friends Campaign, c/o Institute of Race Relations, 2-6 Leeke Street, Kings Cross Road, London WC1X 9HS.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disclosing personal information
The United Families & Friends Campaign may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances to any of our employees, key volunteers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers (including specifically the provider and host of our website) or other subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of enterprises (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding enterprise and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.