source: The IAP
published: December 2015
The Independent Advisory Panel on Deaths in Custody has published the fifth statistical report into deaths in custody – covering the period 2000-2014.
The IAP Panel has a commitment to publishing a statistical analysis of all deaths in state custody for each calendar year as data becomes available. As previously, the report shows a breakdown of all recorded deaths in state custody and contains information on the following:
- Deaths in state custody by setting;
- Deaths in prison and YOI by gender;
- Deaths in Prison and YOI settings by ethnicity;
- Deaths of patients detained under the Mental Health Act;
- Natural cause-related deaths across custodial sectors;
- Restraint-related deaths across all custodial sectors;
- Deaths cause by other (including homicide);
- Deaths in custody by gender and ethnicity breakdown for 2014;
- Self-inflicted deaths by custodial setting & broken down by gender and age groups.
There are no restrictions on its circulation so please feel free to share it with any parties who may be interested.